The BA Bookshop Social Programme is sponsored by BatchLine POS.
The BA typically holds half a dozen Bookshop Socials each year. The Socials involve drinks at a bookshop, followed by an author dinner sponsored by a publisher. These evenings provide a great opportunity for regional booksellers to come together in a relaxed informal setting and have proved to be very popular.
The events are open to BA Members only and are FREE of charge to attend. All bookshop staff are welcome!
The 2023 Bookshop Socials took place in the following:
- The Bookshop on the Green (Birmingham) - Tuesday 23rd May sponosored by Bloomsbury.
- Literary Cat Books (Machynlleth, Wales) - Wednesday 14th June sponsored by Publishing Wales.
- The Edge of the World Bookshop (Penzance) - Thursday 22nd June sponsored by Granta
- Verey Books (Cumbria) - Thursday 7th September sponsored by HarperCollins
- The Rabbit Hole (North Lincolnshire) - Thursday 12th October sponsored by Dorling Kindersley
Planning for the 2024 socials are underway.
Many thanks to our sponsor BatchLine POS.
Check out photos below from the previous book socials!